Tuesday, September 1, 2009

September Update

I am back to work which means I am blogging again. Actually I feel like I should be posting something everyday due to the many things that are happening with Miss Millie. If only I had the time. I know those wonderful mama bloggers that come up with 22 things on their kids' 22 month birthday...I just can't do it. I try and remember but then when I sit down to actually write about it, I forget everything. But she is doing a ton of new things and it's hilarious and scary at the same time. Here is what I can remember.

She is starting to repeat alot of what we are saying. You can't really make out most of what she is saying but she is trying. Her most recent repeat is the other night when I told her to "sit down" in her rocking chair (because she loves to stand up on it and laugh at me), she repeated "ssssssssssssss" with her tongue on her front teeth and drool forming at her mouth. It was soooooo cute! So ever since then we have been doing all kinds of things that involve the "ssssssss" sound. It's so cute when she repeats it. However, when we do ask her to sit, she does turn herself around and sits. And we give her lots of praise and she gives us the biggest smile.

She claps when you clap and even has her own form of the Gator chomp down. We have to get that on camera but our camera if full right now. We are working on it.

She wakes up in such a happy mood each and every morning. Typically Mat has morning duty but I have been having the pleasure recently. When we walk in the room she is usually pointing, looking for the dog. Or pointing at you. Or pointing at anything. And talking. Talk talk talk talk like she is telling you all about her dreams. Then she points to you as you approach the crib, usually your belly and she pinches you! Mat now has to put on a shirt every morning since the belly/nipple tweaking is now a fabulous game every morning for Millie. It's okay to laugh cause it's hilarious.

Let's see. She still loves making googly eyes at restaurant staff and other patrons. We get complements almost everywhere we go now. "She is so pretty", "she is so well behaved", etc. Sometimes I get the "HE is so cute". But now that she has more hair, it's a bit better.

She still loves the dog and kicks her feet & squeals as we enter the front door. She chases the dog and cries when Siler (accidentally) knocks her over. Millie grabs her nose and tail and thinks it's a hoot! She also looooooooooves the cat, Emma. And actually Emma is very tolerant of her. Millie grabs her hair and pats her and sometimes kisses her. We watch carefully as you never know with cats. But Emma has been really good with her and Millie just loves her.

At 13 months, Millie still hasn't watched TV and we are pretty happy about that. Not something that we are being sticklers on (like fast food restaurants) but there is just no time to turn it on in the day. Too much to do and see!


I tried taking Millie for a bike ride today in the trailer and unlike last time, she didn't like it so much this time. We were heading to the library and after I had had enough of the screaming, we turned around and came home.

She is getting really good at the sign language and even trying to say "more" and "all done".

It's still a struggle getting Millie into the car seat each and every time. She screams and doesn't want to sit down. I am trying to get her into buckling herself in hopes that she actually wants to get into the car seat. Once she is buckled in, she is okay.

Millie and Mat have been working at bathtime. He is teaching her to hold her breath as the water pours over her head. She is getting good at it although when I try and see or take a picture of it, she forgets and gets a mouth full of water!

We put the potty away because we read that they shouldn't be playing with the potty as a toy. Which is totally is! She loves that thing. Takes it outside, stands in it, rolls it around the floor. Until she is 18 months, it's hiding in the closet. Don't tell her!

Millie loves to dance. She does it when her toys make noise or she hears music in the house. She really gets down to live music as well. And has a great signature dance move. I will try and get a picture for you. Visualize Millie skiing down a ski slope with her arms straight back at her sides. Then add a knee bounce. It's great. Another move she has added to her repertoire is spinning in circles.

She loves her shoes and knows right where they go. She tries to put them on her feet but hasn't be successful yet.

The cabinet locks are working great and I even added stove knob covers and a toilet lock in the mix. She looooves that toilet water!

So that's all I can remember right now. I will try and update more as she develops. Don't forget to leave a comment or two! To see all the bath pictures, click here.