Saturday, September 19, 2009

Gator weekend

This past weekend, we rounded up the troops and headed down to Gainesville for the weekend. You may not know but we have a condo in Gainesville and it's so nice knowing that it's there. That we don't have to worry about a hotel room. Keeping milk/food cool. Etc etc. I hadn't been since last year and hadn't been to a game in 2 years. So it was great being back and getting geared up for the game.

On Friday we just hung out around campus. Ate at Burrito Brothers (YUM), Mat and Millie were interviewed by a Knoxville TV station, we toured the James W. "Bill" Heavener Football Complex, and just relaxed all day.

We had a great babysitter come over on Saturday for game day. Mat and I went tailgate hopping until game time. It was great running into so many friends who were in town for the game.

At game time, Mat retreated to his Bowl Gator seats. His air-conditioned pre-game meal. His ice cream at half time. He sat in his comfy seats, in the shade, with a nice TV hanging overhead for replays. He watched the Gators win in all the comforts of home.


At game time, Mo and I retreated like cattle to our entrance. We followed the heard and slowly made our way into the stadium. We shuffled up to our seats where the sweating began. Thank goodness the game was a quick one because I am not sure how much more water I could lose from my body. We were in the blistering sun, the.entire.time. But you know what, we made the best of it and Mo and I had a great time with all the students. Plus, I was just happy to be there and watch a game for the first time in a couple of years. AND, the Gators won!

Mat and Jost pay a pretty penny for their cushy seats and after all that they have been through this year, he and Jose deserve to enjoy those seats!

To see all the pictures, click here.