On Friday, Millie and I flew to Ohio for the weekend. She was well behaved on the plane although it's getting harder and harder to keep her entertained. The flight is only an hour which is the good news. But sitting on the runway for 20 mins isn't fun for anyone.
After we landed, we were scooped up by a patiently waiting Grandparents. We headed straight for the Millersport Sweetcorn Festival. Jealous? Mat sure was! We happened to be in town for it a couple years ago. There was plenty of corn to eat at the troughs and the Davis' ate about 1/2 of it. 3 kids, Kari, me, Mom and Dad had nearly 20 ears. YUM! Millie had her first corn off the cob and she did really well! She nearly ate an entire cob herself.
I did not plan for her to wear the tractor covered bib but it fit in perfectly. After watching some lady tap dancers (Millie dancing video coming soon), we searched for someone selling elephant ears. We opted for Apple Pie dumplings instead. Finally we headed over to the rides. The ladies had a ride on the Carousel which Millie wasn't too fond of. She started off riding the horse and then wanted to just stick close to mommy. We waiting for Chloe/Papa D to ride the Ferris Wheel before heading home. Millie was pooped as was I. It was my last night of overnights and after just 3 hours of sleep, I was looking forward to bed time!To see all the pictures from the Sweetcorn Festival, click here.