One of the big reasons we went home this weekend was to visit with all of the family and friends who were in town. Renee, Sonal, Molly and I have been friends for years. Molly and I went to elementary school together (North School Polar Bears: RIP). Sonal, Renee, Molly and I became close through our countless hours as percussionist. And when I say countless, it was after school and weekends together throughout the school year and summers. We went separate ways during collage but seems to always stay in touch despite the miles apart. Renee is currently working/living in Sudan. Molly (who prefers Dr. Maxfield :-)) is a professor at the University of Colorado in Colorado Springs. And Sonal is almost close by in Raleigh, trying to tame our wreckless youth!
Renee's brother Aaron was getting married this Labor Day weekend so Renee was intown. I couldn't wait for her to meet Millie. We have spent many hours laughing together and I always look forward to our next meeting. These girls are so very special to me and I am so glad they got to spend time with Millie.
The other pretty lady in the picture is Marianne Flannery who is also a great gal who I went to high school with. Here are pictures from Saturday's cookout at Renee's home.