Thursday, August 27, 2009

Baby Proofing

Well we finally broke down and stepped up our baby proofing around the house. Millie's FAVORITE thing to do in the kitchen is bee-line for the sink cabinet, open the right door, reach in, pull out as many dishwasher cleaning tablets that she can hold, and stuff them in her mouth! Now don't worry, they are covered with plastic so it's okay but we run over to stop her and she just laughs and laughs. So this week I took off the cabinet knob to hopefully stop her. Well I couldn't outsmart her. She just proceeded to explore the left side of the sink cabinet pulling our the Ajax, glass cleaner, trash bags, etc. Don't worry, I caught her again and had finally had enough.

I went to Target and bought some cabinet locks that promptly went on immediately when we got home. Including the one on the grill (also a favorite place of hers). We know as she gets taller the stove is going to be an issue as she has already shown interest in the stove knobs. Any suggestions? In the mean time, enjoy the pictures from our Thursday evening. Click here to see more pictures.