Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sural Wedding

On Friday, after a bit of sleep, I drove myself to Asheville, NC for a weekend away with some girlfriends. My high school friend Alison was getting married and I was so happy to be there. Asheville is such a great city. If you haven't been, you should totally go! It reminds me of Charleston but not on the water.

It was a great weekend with a reception party on Friday night. I knew some of Alison's friends from her later years but it was my high school girls I was most looking forward to seeing. Sonal, Marianne and Katie were there and it was so good to reconnect with each of them. Molly was graduating in AZ on Friday night and so she couldn't make it. And Renee is living in Africa and couldn't make it either. They will sorely missed!

On Saturday we all had breakfast and did a little shopping around the downtown area. We also hit out outdoor pool for a glorious afternoon! That evening we took the provided trolley to the wedding site. It was an outdoor wedding with an outdoor reception. Typical southern style wedding. The dancing was inside this fabulous stone building. It rained for just a bit but we were all under the tent. The wedding was beautiful and Alison was stunning. It was so great to see everyone again and I can't wait to see them all in the fall!

I have to thank some people for making this weekend possible. With no family in town, we have to rely on friends to help us out. On Thursday, our friend Meggan came over to help watch Millie while Mat and I worked. On Friday, Mat picked Millie up from daycare and Amanda came down and took Millie home with her. She had a little sleepover at her Auntie Mandi's house and seem to have a great time! We thank them both so much for helping us out this weekend. Click here to see pictures from the weekend.