Thursday, June 11, 2009

Bye Bye Papa D

We were sad to see my dad leave today. As one last surprise, upon my mom's request, my dad planted and hung all of my window boxes. That included cleaning out all the gunk plants from last year. I pulled into my house, saw the window boxes, and just started crying. I really love my window boxes and just didn't have the time to put them together this year and I am so grateful to have wonderful parents. The swing was alot of work and we really really love it. But in addition to that, we cleaned the gutters, cut and hung our old stained glass door/window, installed the baby gate, cleaned out the fridge, mowed the lawn, Dad waited 3 hours at Kaufman Tire to find out what's up with a tire on our car, etc etc etc. I couldn't have done any of this without him here.

I just feel like I (Mat and I) can't get anything done on this overnight shift! We are both under alot of stress and it was just so nice to have Dad here to help get some things done. Seriously, how do you keep thanking your parents time and time again?






Check out my lovely flowers! I promise to keep them watered Mom!!