Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Day 2

From the report we got, it sounded like Day 2 was another fun filled day. Terry had to go into the office for a bit so Auntie Caroline was there to help. Millie slept in and took a big nap. GPC (Grandparent Camp) is tough stuff! In the afternoon the headed over to GG's house to hang out and meet the fabulously wonderful Bunny Feldman!

Mat and I got to webchat before our sushi date and Millie was laughing and having a good ole time.

Mat spent the day working while I did some alone shopping. It was so strange not to have to worry about having enough food, packing all the Millie gear up, wondering who was going to pick her up from daycare, etc. It was nice just to focus on myself! I didn't get much but it was a lovely afternoon. That evening Mat and I went on a date with Angel. We went to a new sushi place, RA, and had a great time and fabulous food! Our favorite roll was the Viva Las Vegas roll. It was filled with kani kama and cream cheese, is fried tempura style and topped with crab and a sliced lotus root. The lotus root is sweet and light and perfectly complements the spicy tuna and tempura batter. YUM!