Monday, July 7, 2008

38 weeks & doctor's appointment

I'm still all closed up. Cervix not dialated -- at all --and only kinda soft but not really. Which basically means she is still cooking for awhile longer.

So our next appointment (39 weeks/5 days) was July 18 -- which seemed FOREVER away. So we bumped it up to July 17 (39 weeks/4 days) . Not much of a difference but she said at that point, if my cervix is still closed, we can discuss options. I will be sooooo close to 40 weeks at that point. So maybe I can schedule an induction for July 20 (my actual due date) or a couple days after. It seemed like, after that 39 week/4 days appointment, whenever WE really wanted, we could induce...if we wanted. However induction = increase chance of a c-section.

Of course, you could be all closed up now but you could leave this office and go into labor. Or your water could break (which I am learning is NOT the norm). So nothing is for sure. But this is going to be a loooong wait till our next appointment. Not sure what would be worse...Dr. Sun said she had a couple patients who are 2 cm and have been for weeks! So I am not sure if it would be worse to be a bit dialated and just be that way for weeks, or to be like this...all closed up. Hmmmmm.

My parents are still on vacation in Hawaii so I am hoping to hold out till Wednesday after they get home to Ohio. At least when they get home to Ohio, they are within driving distance.