Saturday, April 30, 2011

Nashville Part 1

My friends did a fabulous thing. They came out to support me when I needed them, at my half marathon. I thought, what better way to help repay them than to be there for them. They are some of my closest friends and have been since college.
Amanda and Amy have been preparing for the Nashville Rock and Roll Half Marathon for about 12-13 weeks. Our training programs were nearly side by side. They chose this one because it was supposed to be nice and flat. Um, no. It was neither! It was hot and hilly! But they made it though at a very fast pace. I was so proud of them and happy I could be there to help cheer them on! We had a fabulous hotel and Amanda hooked us up with some fine cuisine. And at night, Amy and Michael got a little country in me. Congrats Amy and Amanda!
Click here for pictures