Saturday, August 16, 2008

Sidebar turns 5


Today was kinda boring. My one goal was to send out some pictures of Millie to my Grandma Viva and Dona, maybe do some more thank you notes. I did the mailings by noon so I felt I accomplished something! Millie and I then geared up and went for a long walk this morning. It's tough to schedule these walks. You know it's going to take some time and by the time you are ready to go, then you realize that you might not make it back before her next feeding! But we did, just a little late. We walked backwards from the route Mat and I did yesterday. The sidewalks are awful around here and I hadn't even noticed. They actually are nice sidewalks but people used those octagon tiles and they are super bumpy when using a stroller. Millie didn't seem to mind at all. But we ended up walking in the street alot to save poor Millie from getting shaken baby syndrome.

Yes Mom, she was buckled/strapped in every way possible!

After we got back, Siler passed out on the floor, we did a quick feeding and she was asleep again. We both got ready and actually made it out of the house on time, heading to Sidebar for the party. But I didn't get far before I realized that I had forgot her pumped milk bottle and my camera. So I went back for that and then headed to Sidebar for the party.

The party was fun. The company was fabulous. KC and Mark (Amy's parents) were there and they got to meet Millie. Mark happened to be my house when I announced my pregnancy to all my girlfriends. KC was the one who made that darling announcement pictured below. They have gotten Millie lots of cute things! Amanda's sister Victoria is intown and she was there. Angel, Katie and Mike were there too. We took lots of photos that we could use for our facebook pages! Millie was so good despite the loud music. She woke up, ate, then went right back to sleep. I was a little weary about everyone touching Millie so as soon as I got home, I washed off her head and hands. Hopefully she didn't get too germy!