We celebrated Earth Day with a bang! Millie's school did a little Earth Day festival. Each parent was supposed to come up with an idea for their booth. Mat and I brain stormed and came up with an idea for planting sunflower seeds. So I collected around 35 of Millie's baby food jars and saved them for weeks. I went to Home Depot and got some organic planting soil and organic sunflower seeds. Mat and I set up our little "booth" in the schools yard. All the little kids came over and we helped them fill thier jar with soil. Put the seeds in. And more dirt. And then closed it with the lid. As you can see here, they are growing pretty well! Hopefully all of Millie's classmates are having success as well.
Of course we had to find an outfit for Earth Day and thank goodness she can still squeeze into this onesie from Nancy. It had the perfect Earth Day message! Click here to enjoy the pictures of Millie hanging around with us on the couch. And of Millie's little garden. She got the clover for St. Patricks day in the terra cota pot.
A sunflower (yellow pot) and daisy (blue pot) for Easter.
And the 2 baby food jars are the sunflowers from Earth Day.
You will notice that Millie enjoys tweeking Mat in a funny place! He yelps and she laughs. It's quite funny.