Rough day today. How am I going to do this? I know the first day of daycare is going to be hard but good lord I can't stop crying and it was just a trial run! BTW, I totally didn't think I would be this way.
We went on a trial run today. I got up and dressed and ready. I pumped while Millie was still sleeping. She has been waking at 7am to feed and then back to sleep. So I woke her when we were ready to go. We pack up and headed for the daycare. I knew then my timing was off. I should have feed her again before we left. She was going to be hungry as soon as I got there (also the time I was supposed to be at work). I need to plan that better but I am not sure how I am gonna do it.
I guess wake her up and feed her at 8:30
leave house by 8:50
drop her off by 9:15
be at work by 9:30
I stuck around for awhile to kinda get a feel for the room and the teacher. While I was there the director came in and showed me where to put everything. She labeled all my stuff. She cleaned out the fridge while I was there and I thought that was gross but whatever. At least she cleaned it out. After she left I fed Millie and kinda just hung out to watch things.
The teacher, who is apparently a sub, is leaving in a couple weeks. She took a job with the "state". Not sure what they are going to do about a new teacher but I might call the director later to find out. They say that everyone has a bachelors but I am pretty sure that the lady in there today does not have a degree. Anyway, she was down on the floor playing with the two babies that were in there. One was really sick and coughing all over everything. Here eyes were all red and she was coughing up a lung. I watch the little girl stick all these toys in her mouth and cough all over everything. I seriously almost lost it right there and started crying! But I held it in.
She then informs me that the other little girl likes to bite, pull hair and pinch. In my head, I was like WHAT?! Please don't let that girl get close to Millie!
They wanted me to write her schedule down. I haven't a clue. She eats every 2.5 hours based on the time she gets up. She sleeps one hour after she feeds. I felt really stupid cause they wanted times and I didn't know. Kari has been telling me to write it down for weeks.
Anyway, we left after awhile and cried all the way home.
It's a combination of things. I have been trying to give her a bottle a day and she doesn't want it. Will she take a bottle from this lady? How long is this lady going to stay? Do they seriously actually clean all the toys? Is she going to be read to? Are they going to take as good of care of her as I do?
I think this gets better over time? At least that's what they tell me.
I don't want to think or talk about it anymore.