Friday, May 24, 2013

Dear Millie

Dear Millie,

You are graduating from Pre-k today and you are SOOOO excited! You and your classmates have a program ready for us and I can't wait to see it! Can't wait to see what you have all been up to recently.

Untitled-1 Millie, you simply amaze me every day. From the time you come running to hug my legs as soon as I walk in the classroom, to when your light blonde hair hits that pillow, you are talking. Telling me practically everything about your day, about Milo's day, about your friends, about your outfit, about your teachers, about your lunch, about what art projects you are working on, etc. And I love listening to every word. You are so articulate, so clear, so easy to understand. You start a story by telling us the beginning, middle and end. You love making us laugh with your stories. You remember words to songs and you surprisingly sing on key. You listen (when you want to), you understand what is being said, and you repeat every detail. You now know what a secret is, and how to keep one. You are so sweet to your friends, giving them hugs and are usually never shy.

Untitled-2 You are helpful with your brother, reading him books while he is on the potty, helping get him in/out of his carseat, helping him with his shoes, you guys are almost always playing together. You love to boss him around and tell him how, what and where you want to play...he is always up for the challenge. We were at a playdate yesterday and all the kids were playing outside. I come inside to find you both inside together playing with each other. Milo looks at me and said "Mommy, Mil-wee is playing with me". I always feel like Milo is totally safe when you are around. You always protect him and come tell me if he is in trouble. You are such an amazing big sister, he is so lucky.

Prek

I can't wait for you to start you new amazing school. I cried when you got in and I'll cry again on your first day. You are going to have an AMAZING education and I can't wait for it to begin. You and Milo have won the education lottery my sweet girl. You can tell that you love to learn and boy are you smart. You love to look for your sight words in your books (about 20 all togheter). You are starting to sound out words. You love to write and try to spell things yourself. Sometimes you are really close (probably closer than your Daddy and I might be if we tried to spell)!! You are going to be reading in no time. You are doing a little math, sometimes not using your hands. You took a big interest in space week at school and loved learning about all the planets.

According to an article I read, Mommies get asked around 288 questions every day by their little ones. Girls aged four are the most curious, asking 390 questions per day – averaging a question every one minute 56 seconds of their waking day. Sounds about right for you Millie! We hit quite a bit of that on just the drive home. You are very interested in driving right now. Which direction are we going? Is there a yellow line or a white line? Is the line dotted? Why are you passing? Red light means stop and you aren't stopping. Why did you breeze through that yellow light? Etc. You are very strong and just about as obsessed with Crossfit as Mommy and Daddy, always asking what our "score" was. If we aren't doing something on a Saturday and Sunday, you wonder why not?! You are working on riding your bike without your training wheels. You love gardening with Daddy and helping planting flowers.

Untitled-3 You have had an amazing year in Pre-K with Ms. Courtney and Ms. Laytana. They have cared about you, listened to you, hugged you, and helped you become a better person. We couldn't have picked a better school for your Pre-k class and have really enjoyed watching you blossom this past year. Get ready for a fun summer Millie, we have so much in store for you. Ohio, New Jersey, Arizona to Utah. So much to see and I can't wait to show it all to you!

Love, Mommy & Daddy