Monday, August 1, 2011

The Shahriaris

Pictures stolen from the fabulous Mr. O!!!
Photobucket

Let me just say, we have the worlds most amazing friends. The Shahriaris. You have heard me talk/write about Katie and Mike before. But let me just tell you, they are the bomb diggity. Not only are they great friends to hang out with, they have a fantastic daughter Meagan, are great parents, we go to dinner at the last minute, they let us barrow their ladder not knowing if they will ever get it back, Katie brings me her bike lock and saves my bike from getting stolen, they are letting us barrow their bike hitch for vacation. And that was just last week! They are usually the first guest to arrive to our parties and last to leave (which we love!). Even helping with keeping track of who got M&M which gift. They watch our kid(s), we watch their kid. We look out for one another, no matter what. And they live so close! Nothing is close in this city. If they move further than 0.5 miles away from us, I will hurt them. Katie, I know you are reading this and I will hurt you!!! :-)

Photobucket

Sidenote: who would have known that when I moved to Atlanta in August of 2000, I would move into the same apartment building as Katie (Katie-O at the time). She would invite me to a party (or two) and I would meet some new friends. We would start to hang out and go out all the time. We became great friends! Yes, we worked near each other too! She would get married and I would go to her wedding (amazing!). I would get married and she would be a part of my wedding. We would move into a house that is very close to hers. I would have a kid. She would have a kid. I would have another kid. Our kids would be besties. She loves venting to me. I love venting to her. We both give each other great advice and sometimes talk each other back from high cliffs! I have no doubt that we were absolutely ment to be friends. There should be another title for friends that work together but then become even better friends outside of work. Let me know if a term exists. PS: Katie, we need more pictures together because I had a tough time finding one of just me and you! This picture is from Katie's baby shower. Strangely, Katie, Angel and I are all going to dinner night :-)

Photobucket

Okay, so why are my kids sad in this picture? In addition to all the fabulous things that The Shahriari's are, they let us use their complex pool. Any ole time we want. On Saturday we got all ready (well, Millie was almost ready) and it started to pour. Hard. Kids and parents were bummed. But the sun came out for a small pocket and we ran over to the pool and had a blast. Just like we do almost every weekend. Millie is doing private swim classes so she loves showing us what she is learning. Don't worry, Meagan is already a professional swimmer at the age of 2. Hopefully we are still friends with the Shahriaris when Meagan becomes an Olympic swimmer/diver in the 2024 Summer games.