Wednesday, August 24, 2011

And so the Barbie begins

We were able to meet up with my best girlys Amy & Amanda. They wanted to give Millie her birthday presents since they were out of town for her birthday.

Disney Princesses I can deal with and I really like. Despite Millie having not seen any Disney princess movie as of yet, she likes them all. And some more than others. She knows who they are. She loves dressing up like a princess. I have always been a fan of Cinderella. Millie currently really likes Ariel. She doesn't like Belle much. She knows Courtney loves Sleeping Beauty. Etc.

Barbie dolls are unfamiliar to me. I think I had a Skipper doll once? Sorry to all of those Barbie Dreamhouse fans, I have always thought Barbie dolls were super lame and silly. BUT, I am trying to be open minded and told my girlfriends that if they bought them, of course Millie could play with them! Well, they did. And they kinda haven't left Millie's side since. She took the pool Barbie to the pool. In the bath. In the car. In her bed. Even Milo enjoys playing with them. And let me just tell you how far Barbie has come. She has bendable knees! She is still is unrealistically thin as a rail, very voluptuous (which Millie has pointed out to me several time), bright blond hair, blue eyed, perfect make up all over her face. That being said, she actually does do some fun things.

Like spring into action high atop of her lifeguard chair. She practices safe water maneuvers with her intertube. She of course looks very trendy wearing a modest one piece bathing suit, shades and platform flip flops.

Photobucket

The other Barbie has a hobby, she walks doggies. She has a stroller that she can stand up at. She can walk a big dog with a leach. The big dog also attaches to the dog stroller so they can walk along together. They stroller provides shade for the small dog in the basket.
Photobucket

Now, there are too many pieces already and Siler is eyeing all of them. Getting her to clean up ever flip flop is tedious and painful. I still find them extremely annoying but I would never tell that to the girl (and the boy) who are loving them.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket