A mothers intuition is more correct than wrong. I can't tell you how many times I think something in my head...That chair is in a dangerous spot, I should move it. Milo might put that in his mouth, I should pick it up. Sometimes I listen. Sometimes I don't. I knew the day before that he was sick. I was expecting the call. I wasn't expecting me not to listen to my inner self and go pick the boy up and take him home.
He was sick and I knew it. It's like I have a switch that I can't call off work. I HAVE to be at work. They "need" me. I guess this feeling is the same feeling that has allowed me to only call off one day in the last 10 (almost 11) years at CNN because I was sick.
Side note: I got sick, probably 7 years ago, on a Turkey burger that I made myself on my George Foreman. I have yet to eat a turkey burger or used a George Foreman since.
So he was sick and I knew it. Mat and the kids are most important, not work. I made a promise to myself to listen to my inner voice from now on.
Since Mat was gone, I had to rely on my fabulous friends to help. Jackie watched Millie while Milo and I went to the doctors. He has a virus and needed meds. We picked up the drugs, picked up Millie (thank you Jackie!) and headed home. What a day. Milo was feeling better by the next morning. Lesson Learned.


