
It was a sad day on Thursday when we learned of the passing of a friend, Shelly. Shelly and I became friends first on my local message board. We went to the same OB and she got pregnant shortly after I did. Shelly was the president of the Atlanta Gator Club and was a big supporter of both Sidebar and Engine 11. In fact, Sidebar was the first place they took little Ella after she was born! Of course it was a Gator game. Shelly looooove the Gators, maybe a little more than Mat does. Can you believe it? She was an amazing contributor to our message board and was a lovely friend. Shelly's pregnancy was very high risk and we were sooooooo happy that she actually got pregnant. Shelly wanted so much to be a mother and on her short time with Ella, she certainly was. I love reading her blog and seeing what Ella was up to. She was so very very proud.

Shelly lost her battle with Crohn's disease on Thursday. She had been in the hospital for a few weeks, had some bleeding complications, and unfortunately, it all took a turn for the worst. I am FB friends with both Shelly and Tom and her family was great about updating friends on Shelly's status. Over these past weeks, we knew her condition was very serious, but it was so devastating to learn that she had died. Shelly left behind her 8 month old daughter and her husband Tom. Click
here for Ella's blog.

We went to the memorial service today and clearly, she was love by many many people. I ask for your prayers for Shelly's family. If you would like to contribute to Shelly's family, please visit:
http://shellygator.blogspot.com/If you want to read some lovely thing about Shelly, click here to hear from her best friend Traci...
http://www.thehartogs.com/With all the events this week, I can't stop thinking about how lucky I am to have a wonderful husband and daughter. A supportive family and lovely friends.