Tuesday, January 15, 2008

13 weeks and 6 days

Okay, I signed up for Daycare. Yeah, I can't believe I am typing those words. Apparently the Turner daycare list is incredibly long and it's first come-first serve. We will see!

It's not really in the building but it's "close". I live about 4 miles from work. The daycare is about 6 miles from home. So it's about 2 miles further than work. My old boss and his wife (who both work here) say it's so much better that it's not inside this building. Don't know what that means but I am taking their word for it.

My friend has been on this list since December and hasn't moved one spot. It's basically one in-one out. And if you aren't ready when the daycare has a spot for you, then you have to pay to hold the spot...or give it up and move to the back of the list. If you are ready and the day-care isn't, then you have to find somewhere else to go until the daycare is ready for your child. Apparently, it's a nightmare. But it's very trust worthy.

And of course, ridiculously expensive. I shutter to even think about how we are going to be able to afford it. But as my boss says, you get what you pay for. You want a cheaper daycare, then you are going to get a "cheaper" daycare. You get what you pay for. It's also more expensive for newborns since they require so much attention. As the child learns new things (to eat, to go to the bathroom) the cost goes down a bit. Ahh, I am going to love spending an entire paycheck on daycare!