I have to say that today is a great relief to have made it this far. I am blessed. Things are going well. There seems to be lots of stretching and "things" going on downtown but whenever I feel this way, I hook up the doppler to quickly find the heart beat. Yesterday I did really good and found it right away. Other than that, it has been fun being a bit more open about the pregnancy. I told my hair dresser last night.
The other day, someone gave me an updated version of the "what to expect when you are expecting" and he was reading it to me last night. He kept saying, "are you awake". I would say "yes", even though I was totally sleeping. And he would read something interesting. I would make some comment and then continue sleeping. It was funny when I thought about it this morning. He is totally into all this.
Any email I wrote to my friend Kelly who was freaking about possibly starting to TTC.
"Yeah, I am freaked too. Who wouldn't be! But Mat is only getting older and it kinda just happened pretty quick. So here we go!
But I would love to have a prego friend. I have no one that is pregnant here. It totally sucks and I really feel totally alone. But I am just going to stay focused on trying to not gain ridiculous amounts of weight and to try and to stay positive.
I don't really have a problem with needles. I just don't look. I needed to get my blood draw alot at the beginning and even more during my miscarriage. All these levels raise up when you are pregnant and then after you have a miscarriage they have to fall back down. So I was going back like every other day for blood work. But it took just a couple seconds and I was back in my car in 15 mins. I think the drive there might have been longer than the actual appointment!
I am all about the epidural. They already asked me if I wanted one and I said "HELLS YES"! From what I can tell on the baby story shows, you can't even see them give you the epidural so I am not really scared about that. It goes in your back. I have never been in a hospital so that will be super strange. I haven't EVER been in the hospital for anything except once when I had an urinary infection.
The watermelon thing...yeah. I am pretty freaked out by that but I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will have to have a c-section. I don't know why but my sister had two and that seems the "norm" to me so I am hoping that for some reason, I will have to have that. If they ask me, I am certainly signing up!! But lots of people have had the watermelon come out their hole so if it must be done, then so be it. Just part of life baby.
It's been pretty exciting so far. Mat is 110% into it so he is like my 2nd doctor. I haven't read a single book and he is on his 10th. So all I do is ask Mat "Can I do this" & "Can I do that". I like that I am getting bigger/fatter and not caring. I get new clothes which is a great new perk. I just got two new pair of maternity pants and I am loving them. Amy is going to help me find a new bar cause I am growing out of mine super fast. And I get to see you all when I am super prego (at Karla's wedding). Still sad about Cedar Point but oh well.
Seriously, if you have any more questions/concerns/freak outs, just ask. Cause I am probably freaking out about the same thing!! Just limit your watching of Baby Story and Maternity Ward. You might freak yourself out for good!"