Wednesday, November 28, 2007

What a 30th!!

Let me just tell you...What a 30th b-day I had! It was simply wonderful!
The day started with a trip to doctors office. I was soooooooo nervious. But everything was fine! So he/she might be a little bigger than a grain of rice but everything looks great! I am measuring 6 weeks and 6 days so that is perfect with where I thought I was. We saw a tiny tiny heartbeat which was the best sight EVER! We also finally told our parents and Kari/Jarrod. They are really excited and we got thier reactions on video tape. It was perfect! We still want to wait to tell friends/extended family till after the first triments. Our first OB appointment and u/s next week.



Back to my birthday. I got so many text messages and emails saying happy b-day. Mat had the day off as well and that was great. We slept in. Hung out. When to Cheesecake Factory for lunch. Went to Best Buy to decide if I want to keep my b-day gift from Mat. He got me an itouch and of course I kept it! It's great! And then came back home and hung out. I went for a walk with the dog and then we went to Stoney River Legendary Steakhouse for dinner. YUMM! So it was a fabulous day!

THEN today is just an extension because I came and I had some beautiful white iris and...looks like...lilies waiting to open at my desk. My friends from college (Elizabeth, Jess, Amy, Kelly, Karla and Amanda) sent me flowers at work not knowing that I took yesterday off.

THEN Katie just walked in (6am mind you) with a huge tray of homemade Strawberry cupcakes (my fav). I am soooooooooo excited to eat them although they don't sound really good right now (it's only 8am), I am sure they will be this afternoon.

Anyway, it was great to be reminded that I am so loved!