Saturday, March 1, 2014

DOF / February Monthly Challenge (Blog Circle)

The topic this month is shooting with a shallow DOF (Depth of Field). Basically a DOF is the distance between the nearest and farthest objects in a scene that appear acceptably sharp (or blurry) in an image. The focus range is very small - which can also be tricky if you're trying to get a certain part of the image in focus.

I am always shooting wide which is a blessing and a curse. I didn't take many of my own kids because I have been so busy taking pictures of others (see the three babies below...all done in February). But I hope you enjoy my pictures! After you look through mine, hop over to Mary's blog and see what she has been up to this month! Click all the way around until you are back to my blog. It'a a blog circle folks! Make sure you leave a comment and let the photographer know you love their work! Believe me, we love hearing positive thoughts about our work!

eu8c9645a Henryweb8 Henryweb11 Knoxweb8 Prestonweb4 Prestonweb2

And one of my little boogers...

EU8C9203-2