Thursday, January 12, 2012

Kingfisher Part 1

Many of you might already know but we moved Millie into a new school. So far it is really going well. Millie was acting out a little during week 2 (had an accident during nap, hit a kid in her class...on purpose) but really shaped up week 3. I am assuming she was just finding her boundaries. Millie's class is small which I really like. They go to story time at East Atlanta library cause they can. I mean, the classes are tiny. Millie loooooooooove riding that bus. I haven't met all the parents yet but I am looking forward to that. So far we are really pleased. And when I tell people that she goes there (even some random mom in the Walmart line) they all say "oh I have heard really good things about that school!). So that makes me feel good!

I ask Millie what her favorite part of the day is every night before she goes to bed...and 9 out of 10 times, it is "going to school". So that makes me feel good about our decision to move her.

IMG_2161

IMG_2160

IMG_2158

We get these sheets from her teacher, Mrs. Middleton, each week. We love reading these with Millie. Waay better than Millie's one word answers about her day. This picture might be a bit small so click here to see this document closer. As always, let me know if you have any problems!

To see some of her work since she started, click here. It is 8 pages, let me know if you have any problems opening this document up (on a computer and not your mobile device please).