Sunday, October 18, 2009

Half Marathon Sunday

On Sunday we got up "bright" and early to venture up to Columbus. This year was a little bit different since I didn't have to pump right before race time! It was 37 degrees at the start and I didn't warm up like last year. So I was wearing two pairs of pants, two socks, two long sleeved shirts, a short sleeved shirt, a jacket, gloves and a hat!
I stayed pretty warm actually despite the fact that I sweated through everything! We stayed on the mark and really booked it for all 13 miles. We ran to each mile marker which was a relief to some of my muscles. We ran to the 11 mile marker and I couldn't be stopped! I had to keep running. I walk/ran the last two miles and finish 9 mins earlier than last year!

Kari and I finished together at 3:30:07.

Mom finished: 3:39:56 a FULL 15 mins faster than last year! WOW!

Katie finished 14 mins faster than last year! She booked it the last two miles and could not.be.stopped! Katie's time: 3:26:47

Following the race, and big post-race carb-o-licious lunch, Millie, Mom and I napped for about 3 hours! It felt great to be warm again. All and all it was a great race. I really can't wait to RUN it next year. Click here to see more pictures.