Wednesday, March 11, 2009

FDR State Park

Mat had off the entire day on Saturday! It was so great to spend some time together as a family. While Mat got some work done, Millie and I took Siler to the vet. Millie was so pleasant despite the 45 min wait to get into the room. And another 15-20 for the exam. Quite a trooper. Siler got a clean bill of health and looks excellent. He talked about how great her teeth were. Anyway, woohoo Siler!

I wanted to take advantage of the day and go hiking because the weather was just amazing. We started our day trip with plans of going to the "Little Grand Canyon" aka: Providence Canyon State Park. It was a good 153 miles so it was going to be quite a drive. About 1/2 through we started to reevaluate our destination. We were very close to Callaway Gardens but wanted to find something different. After a promise that we will go back to Providence on another day, we settled on FDR State Park. We had a nice short hike. Wasn't as long as I wanted but we all got a late start. I barrowed Pavan's Ergo Baby Carrier and it was REALLY comfortable. She felt so light and easy to carry! I might look into getting one. I would love to do some more hiking with it.

After the hike we gathered up and went to Oscar's Steak and Seafood. According to the website, it is in the middle of a cow pasture. And it really is! We thought we couldn't go wrong! It wasn't quite up to all the hype but the service from our waitress and owner, Kimbo (real name Kimberly), was great. It was a great day and Millie was zonked before we even got out of Oscar's parking lot!

Enjoy the pictures from the day! Mat was trying to take pictures and trying to hike as well, some are not the best photos but you get the "picture".