Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Daycare Woes

So some of you might know that our daycare is moving locations by January. The new location is in Morningside which is a bit hard for us to get to. We aren't really sure what we are going to do. We have been on several waiting lists since January 2008 and have heard nothing.

After calling several daycares today, I started thinking...

In our current daycare, I was kind of curious about the turnover rate in the infant room (the only room I really know about). In the two months that I have been there, 3 babies have come and gone. The room only takes 4 infants total. Is that typical in a daycare? Do these parents know something I don't? I would like to talk with these parents but I am not sure how to get their info (email/phone). Millie is the last child picked up every day so I don't see/talk to any parents.

The school is moving locations and that could totally be the reason. I know we ourselves are looking elsewhere because of the move. But I was just wondering if this turnover, for whatever reason, is typical.

So I was thinking about emailing the director. I do have good communication with the director. Is it okay that I ask her that? I hate confrontation. I need to buck up when it comes to issues like this. Does anyone have a backbone I can barrow?


Okay, so I emailed and asked. I was so nervous pressing "send". She wrote back that all the infants have switched because of the daycare move. Hopefully she is telling me the truth. Now I want to know where these kids went to! I need to switch too!

In the mean time, Millie is doing wonderfully. She is drooling alot, smiling all the time, sucking everything she can. I gave her this blanket and she is constantly putting it in her mouth. She will suck on anything and everything. She sure is a happy baby!

To see more "I Love Daddy" pictures, click here.